Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Final Frame Examples

I am considering this frame shape or something close to it for my digital paintings. The flat colored frame on the top would be a simple boarder with no edges sloping in towards the image, but the bottom is an example of a beveled edge for the frame.


My BFA advisor is interested in the idea for the frame and wants me to build it in the wood shop here on campus. We looked over some frame ideas that may be feasible to work with.

 This is a more detailed example of the beveled frame, however it could have one bevel or some slope to draw the eye into the frame.

This is more simplistic, yet the thickness of the edges makes it pleasing. 

This poster is a general concept of what my frame is imitating by using the circles above to surround a central image.

No comments:

Post a Comment