Thursday, November 7, 2013

Character Line Adjustments

 I think what I have in mind for this project versus what everyone else is thinking, isn't connecting. It seems that I'm looking to have more simple and animated characters for this project while some are looking for more realistic bodies to shade. I'm not sure I have much time to get really fancy with my figures.

I made a quick sketch of these two and didn't try to apply any style, but I'm not real fond of this much detail in the line work. I threw on some shading for a better sense of what I'm visualizing, but I thought I was giving more of a three-dimensional feel to my environment and the characters would be slightly flatter.



 It was suggested to me that the darkness of the line could be affecting their design and so I've lightened it to a dark grey with a Hard Light effect.
Tried to simplify the heads from the design above. This bland lighting is terrible, so I'm going to move on with my environments and put the characters in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment