Saturday, September 28, 2013

Working Out Ideas

I've been focusing on the environment for my art works because it is key to the design for my project. I was hitting a few road blocks last week, since my concept of using a dark theme has been overdone many times, and it also has quite a few cliche pitfalls that I could stumble into. After meeting with Heather, I was introduced to including art nouveau as a style for my dark environment. The following sketches were collected from various Google images so that I could get a feel for the whimsical design. As I sketched, I took some images and tried to apply the new technique on top, while a few are imaginative concepts.

After I felt comfortable with trying art nouveau, I created some clock tower thumbnails for an important prop I want to include in my imagery.

The lower left hand corner tower is based of a general line I like to use to create dragons, while the one beside it was based off of a tree.

There are 3 images I took from Google because each has something I want to include in my body of work.
 The Metra sculpture utilizes art nouveau, while having a hint of gothic. I'm interested in using this for my structures.
 This clock is perfect, being both whimsical and dark. It reminds me of the wispy black shapes I like to use in making eerie shadows and it looks great when it can have another purpose.

I thought the colors of this mansion were really beautiful and they inspired me to consider using a rich pallet for my environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment